We've been dreaming about this fudge (quite literally!). It's heavenly. Just three wonderful ingredients make up the base - tahini, coconut oil and maple syrup (with a pinch of sea salt), then you can literally make it your own and a bit different every time! We mixed through a few tablespoons of the WunderWorkshop Golden Mylk we told you about last week (the turmeric giving it a nutritional kick as well as this beautiful sunshine yellow colouring). Then top it off with something crunchy ! We used toasted buckwheat here, and we can't wait to try it with cacao nibs, nuts or seeds.
It's unbelievably easy and quick to make (you could do it in about 5 minutes), but it'll be the best thing you eat all week. Keep it in the fridge for when you need a little sweet treat, or we thought a batch wrapped in parchment paper and some twine would make a lovely little gift.
Here's what you'll need (as always, all available from us!):
- 120g tahini
- 60g melted coconut oil
- 60g maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Wunder Workshop Golden Mylk Powder
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- Melted chocolate for drizzling (we used our dark chocolate buttons)
- Nuts, seeds or dried fruit for toppings.
How To Make It:
- Line a small dish or baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil either in a microwave or in a pan over a low-medium heat, then add to a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the lined container and place in the freezer
- After 5 minutes (at this point, the fudge will be firm enough that the toppings don't sink, but soft enough that they stick) remove from the freezer and sprinkle over toppings of your choice. Hannah used toasted buckwheat, but cacao nibs, nuts, seeds or dried fruit would work well too! Return the fudge to the freezer for an hour or so.
- Remove from the freezer, drizzle over some melted chocolate, slice and enjoy!
Store in a sealed container in the freezer. The fudge will soften fairly quickly because of all the yummy natural oils. You can also keep in the fridge if you prefer a more immediately soft fudge. It will keep for up to a week in the fridge.