One-Pot Dahl Recipe Kit
Dahl is the ultimate comfort food, packed with fibre and plant-based protein from the lentils and the perfect carrier dish for all your delicious seasonal veggies. It can be served with rice, bread or a fresh salad for a nourishing midweek meal. It also reheats beautifully perfect for leftovers for lunch and seems to get more and more delicious with every day it spends in the fridge, as the flavours seem to intensify. Just add oil and coconut milk.
Our recipe kits make it simple to cook nourishing food and shop zero waste, even when life gets busy. From breakfast to lunch and dinner (and even snacks, too), we've came up with a nutrient dense, protein packed, one-pot menu and weighed out all the ingredients for you. Oh, and they're all refillable, too! So you can eat well (even on a budget!) and skip the plastic.
Whats in the kit ?
Ingredients : Red lentils, green lentils, desiccated coconut, coconut sugar, garlic powder, curry powder (coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, salt, MUSTARD, garlic, corn flour, fennel, chilli, CELERY sunflower oil, bay leaves, cloves), turmeric, ground cumin, chilli flakes, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, stock powder (sea salt, potato starch, hydrolysed vegetable protein (SOYA), vegetable oil (sunflower, rapeseed), vegetables 7% (onion, parsnip, carrot, leek), CELERY seed, parsley, turmeric, white pepper, garlic, mace, lovage, nutmeg).
Allergens : See ingredients in CAPITALS. Please be aware that the kits are packed in our store. Allergens including cereals, gluten, nuts, peanuts, mustard, sesame, milk, soya, sulphites and lupin are present in our store. These can be present in the form of granules, dust and airborne particles. If you have any questions about ingredients or allergens, please get in touch.
You'll need to add:
- 25g coconut oil
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 600ml water
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Extra seasonal vegetables of your choice
How to make it:
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over a medium heat
- Saute onion for 5 minutes or until onion is clear and soft
- Pour the contents of the jar into the pan and stir to combine, cook for 30 seconds to bring out the flavours of the spices. If using root vegetables/slow cooking vegetables, add them at this stage too
- Add 500ml of the water and ¾ of the can of coconut milk
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer on a low heat without the lid for around 15-20 minutes or until lentils are soft. Gradually add more water if needed until the lentils are soft and the dahl has a creamy texture
- Taste and adjust spices and seasoning to your liking
- Pour in the remaining coconut milk and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add in leafy greens (spinach, kale etc) and other quick cooking vegetables at this point if desired. Add more water if the dahl is too thick
- Serve with rice or naan bread and a big handful of greens.
- Store any leftover dahl in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, add the dahl to a pan with a splash of water and gently reheat whilst stirring constantly. Alternatively, heat in the microwave in a microwave-friendly container.
The recipe kit is packaged in either:
- 100% refillable, reusable and recyclable glass bottle with aluminium lid (this option is great if youre trying the recipe for the first time or if youre giving it away as a gift)
- NatureFlex bag (looks like plastic, is actually a fully home-compostable alternative made from sustainably sourced wood pulp. This option is perfect if youve made the recipe before and youre just after a refill for your jar at home).