Chocolate Hemp Protein Balls
A simple and delicious protein-rich snack with plenty of good fats. Made with a mix of seeds, tahini, coconut and dates, they hit the sweet spot without too much sugar. A great recipe to prep healthy snacks for the week, or for something sweet after dinner.
What you’ll need (as always, shop it all in store) :
- 100g hemp seeds, plus more for rolling
- 50g buckwheat groats
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 4 Medjool dates, stones removed
- 60g tahini
- 25g cocoa powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
How to make them :
1. Add hemp seeds, buckwheat groats and desiccated coconut to a high speed food processor and blend to form a coarse meal
2. Add in the dates, tahini, cocoa powder, sea salt and cinnamon and blend until the dates are fully broken down and the mixture becomes sticky. The mixture should be sticky enough that it should roll into balls easily, this may take a few minutes of blending. If it feels to dry, add a little extra tahini
3. Roll into balls, then roll the balls in the extra hemp seeds. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or the freezer for up to 3 months.