*Please note that our recipe kits may take a little longer to prepare than a standard order, so they may not be ready for next day collection. We'll be in touch to let you know when its ready !
SomethingGood for movie night. Our popcorn recipe kit makes a great gift for families to share, or for someone to enjoy all by themselves. They get the pleasure of making the popcorn, as well as enjoying eating it, too. For kids, watching the corn kernels pop in the pan is more exciting that watching the movie!
Whats In The Kit?
They'll need to add:
Their favourite oil for popping the corn kernels. They could use:
Extra-virgin olive oil: Olive oil is our favourite oil to use, and it’s the healthiest option.
Coconut oil: Cinemas cook popcorn in coconut oil and it is delicious. Opt for unrefined (virgin) coconut oil.
How To Make It
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, combine the oil and two popcorn kernels.
- Cover the pan and wait for the kernels to pop, which might take a few minutes.
- Once the two kernels pop, turn off the heat. Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the remaining popcorn kernels. Cover the pan again and shake the pan a little to combine the oil with the rest of the kernels. Let the kernels rest for a minute.
- Turn the heat back up to medium and continue to cook the popcorn, carefully and gently shaking the pan every now and again. Once the kernels start to pop, tilt the lid a little to allow steam to escape from the pan.
- Continue cooking until the popping sound slows, then tip the popped kernels into a serving bowl, and enjoy!
Please be aware that allergens including cereals, gluten, nuts, peanuts, mustard, sesame, milk, soya, sulphites and lupin are present in our store. These can be present in the form of granules, dust and airborne particles.
If you have any questions about ingredients or allergens, please get in touch.
The recipe kit is packaged in a 100% refillable, reusable and recyclable glass jar with aluminium lid. The recipe card with ingredients and method is tied to the jar with natural twine.