Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Kit
Who doesn’t love the old-school chocolate family favourites, especially when they’re this easy to bake?
Made using almond flour, meaning they’re naturally free from gluten and high in protein, so can be enjoyed by almost anyone. This will be your new go-to cookie recipe, but you can add in any extras you fancy, like nuts, seeds, dried fruit, spices, superfoods and nut or seed butters to make them a bit different every time.
Our recipe kits make it simple to cook nourishing food and shop zero waste, even when life gets busy. From breakfast to lunch and dinner (and even snacks, too), we've came up with a nutrient dense, protein packed, one-pot menu and weighed out all the ingredients for you. Oh, and they're all refillable, too! So you can eat well (even on a budget!) and skip the plastic.
Whats in the kit? Makes 12 cookies.
Ingredients: ALMOND flour (NUTS), soft light brown sugar, organic chocolate buttons (cocoa solids 73% minimum, cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla powder), desiccated coconut, baking soda, sea salt.
Allergens : See ingredients in CAPITALS. Please be aware that the kits are packed in our store. Allergens including cereals, gluten, nuts, peanuts, mustard, sesame, milk, soya, sulphites and lupin are present in our store. These can be present in the form of granules, dust and airborne particles. If you have any questions about ingredients or allergens, please get in touch.
You'll need to add:
- 1 chia egg (15g of chia seeds soaked for five minutes in 38g of water) or 1 egg
- 70g coconut oil or butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper
- Add the kit to a large mixing bowl with the coconut oil or butter and mix well
- Add in the egg or egg substitute, and the vanilla, and mix again. Then, add salt, baking soda and almond flour and mix to form a thick batter
- Fold through the chocolate buttons
- Divide the dough into roughly 12 balls using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, gently flatten a little into discs
- Bake at 175degrees C for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have spread a little and are looking golen around the edges
- Allow them to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before moving from the tray
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The recipe kit is packaged in either:
- 100% refillable, reusable and recyclable glass bottle with aluminium lid (this option is great if youre trying the recipe for the first time or if youre giving it away as a gift)
- NatureFlex bag (looks like plastic, is actually a fully home-compostable alternative made from sustainably sourced wood pulp. This option is perfect if youve made the recipe before and youre just after a refill for your jar at home).